User talk:TaxNerd

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search
Leave a message for TaxNerd

This page is where you can leave a message for TaxNerd. TaxNerd will be notified of messages the next time they access TaxAlmanac.

Please make sure to sign your message by adding four tildes: ~~~~ at the end of your message.

If you are actually TaxNerd, this is your page. Feel free to edit your discussion page to add or remove anything you'd like.

Leave a message for TaxNerd by clicking here



Hello, and welcome to TaxAlmanac! My name is Tim Doyle and I serve here in the role of TaxAlmanac Moderator. If you haven't done so already, you might want to review our Quick Start Guide to help you get oriented.

As you begin to interact on TaxAlmanac, your changes will be linked to this page, your personal user page. We encourage you to edit this page and add a short description about yourself. This will allow others to better understand your background and qualifications as they review any replies or information that you submit.

If you have tax-related questions, we encourage you to add them in our Tax Questions Discussion Forum. We also suggest that you introduce yourself to the other members of the TaxAlmanac community on the User Introduction Discussion Forum.

If you can think of anything we can do to make TaxAlmanac a more useful resource to you, please feel free to give us your feedback on the TaxAlmanac Feedback Discussion Forum.

I hope you enjoy being a member of the TaxAlmanac community! If you have any questions, see the help pages or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!

- Tim Doyle, TaxAlmanac Moderator - Talk to me 19:37, 5 February 2007 (CST)

IRS letter

Please email me your IRS


Maybe I know you? I used to be in Woodstock GA and Marietta?

Kevin Huston, EA Kevinh5

S-corp dissolution

I saw your comment on an inactive C-corp, and I wondered if the same applies to a S-corp. I have a S-corp in Florida, and this past year it was basically inactive. The nature of my business was profoundly affected by the economy in Florida. I am going (thinking) to dissolve the S-corp with the state, and do a final report and a 966 with the feds indicating I am doing the same with them. My question is: Is there such a thing as an "inactive" status I could maintain with the IRS without disolving the S-corp If I remain current on my Florida dues for S-corp with the state? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Larry

Cosmetic Surgery after weight loss

My wife was diagnosed to be obese and had high blood pressure, Diabetes and a slew of other medial issues (all weight related) so she had gastric bypass surgery and lost over 100 pounds (and all the medical issues) and later had the extra handing skin removed. I'm looking at all the information on the internet in regards to tax deductibility and it seems that her procedures are reasonable. I would really like to know what the IRS response to you was. If you could please email me at what the IRS had to say, it would be greatly appreciated.

Help with an Offer In Compromise

Dear TaxNerd: I saw your post at:

   I would like to speak with someone about reviewing two lump-sum Offers in Compromise forms 656 that I have prepared myself: one for me personally and one for my S-corp.  I was supposed to submit the latter by yesterday, with the personal OIC to follow soon after.  Would it be possible to speak sometime today?  I apologize for the short notice.

   Do you offer hourly pricing for relatively small projects like this one where I'm filling out all the paperwork myself?

   I've been a CPA myself (which means that I obviously should have known better than to get myself into this mess in the first place), so I understand all the tax concepts involved, but in addition to having someone review my offer and provide advice, in addition to answering some specific questions.  If you send me your e-mail address, I'll attach the forms 433-A and 433-B that I filled out, as well as some other background information so that you can decide whether you're interested in this engagement.

   I can be reached at 215-713-0378 or at  Thanks.

hi tax nerd.

im wondering about driver per diems. we are a trucking co out of san francisco, ca. we do live entertainment gear & trade shows. our drivers go from one end of the country to the other & canada too. would the heography change the perdiem? can these drivers be taxed on per diems? is there a cap on the amount they can recv for food & lodgin? if they get hotel buy outs can they still get a seperate perdiem? i have so so many questions!

Personal tools