To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.

User talk:Msmith7305

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search
Leave a message for Msmith7305

This page is where you can leave a message for Msmith7305. Msmith7305 will be notified of messages the next time they access TaxAlmanac.

Please make sure to sign your message by adding four tildes: ~~~~ at the end of your message.

If you are actually Msmith7305, this is your page. Feel free to edit your discussion page to add or remove anything you'd like.

Leave a message for Msmith7305 by clicking here


Hello, and welcome to TaxAlmanac! My name is Tim Doyle and I serve here in the role of TaxAlmanac Moderator. If you haven't done so already, you might want to review our Quick Start Guide to help you get oriented.

As you begin to interact on TaxAlmanac, your changes will be linked to your personal user page. We encourage you to edit this page and add a short description about yourself. This will allow others to better understand your background and qualifications as they review any replies or information that you submit. I see that you've already added information to your user page - thank you!

We also suggest that you introduce yourself to the other members of the TaxAlmanac community on the User Introduction Discussion Forum.

If you can think of anything we can do to make TaxAlmanac a more useful resource to you, please feel free to give us your feedback on the TaxAlmanac Feedback Discussion Forum.

I hope you enjoy being a member of the TaxAlmanac community! If you have any questions, see the help pages or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!

- Tim Doyle, TaxAlmanac Moderator, Tdoyle 20:34, 14 January 2006 (CST)

179 property converted to personal use

saw your post about 179 property being converted topersonal use and the two regulation cites. just wondering what you did. I am in the same situation now. Thanks

husband/wife llc reporting income on schedule c in community property states

Good Day:

I noticed a post or two of yours regarding this topic. I have a husband/wife who formed an LLC in a community property state. They are 50% partners, although the wife has nothing to do with the business. It seems unfair that they have to file a 1065 partnership return (although it means an additional fee to me). I am mostly concerned about them being penalized for not filing a 1065 return. There is really no difference tax-wise between the Schedule C and the 1065 with K-1s.

Any guidance you can provide would be much appreciated. I am an unenrolled preparer with about 100 clients, almost all of whom file 1040s and maybe 15% Schedule C's.

Thank you.

Seeker19 (Dave Flanagan)

Personal tools