User talk:JDACPA

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search
Leave a message for JDACPA

This page is where you can leave a message for JDACPA. JDACPA will be notified of messages the next time they access TaxAlmanac.

Please make sure to sign your message by adding four tildes: ~~~~ at the end of your message.

If you are actually JDACPA, this is your page. Feel free to edit your discussion page to add or remove anything you'd like.

Leave a message for JDACPA by clicking here


Hello, and welcome to TaxAlmanac! My name is Tim Doyle and I serve here in the role of TaxAlmanac Moderator. If you haven't done so already, you might want to review our Quick Start Guide to help you get oriented.

As you begin to interact on TaxAlmanac, your changes will be linked to your personal user page. We encourage you to edit this page and add a short description about yourself. This will allow others to better understand your background and qualifications as they review any replies or information that you submit.

We also suggest that you introduce yourself to the other members of the TaxAlmanac community on the User Introduction Discussion Forum.

If you can think of anything we can do to make TaxAlmanac a more useful resource to you, please feel free to give us your feedback on the TaxAlmanac Feedback Discussion Forum.

I hope you enjoy being a member of the TaxAlmanac community! If you have any questions, see the help pages or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!

- Tim Doyle, TaxAlmanac Moderator 23:06, 8 February 2006 (CST)


I haven't researched it in a long time, but others have. The rule has always been that a. you must place substantially all the assets AND liabilities into the corp. b. you cannot have excess of liabilities over assets. c. you cannot use debt taken back to balance the scales, except in the CA circuit as I recall. Riley likes to remind us that you can do it there. Otherwise, it's a no no. Now, the solution is time. How long? No one knows. The other solution is to leave out some debt.

In your case, you just want to start with some debt instead. What I've done without trouble is get them inc'd with a thousand bucks. 60-90 days later, add the add'l money as debt. There just needs to be a gap in time from the initialization of the corp and the debt entry. Hope that helps.

Dirtbag. So when you going to SD to visit your new client?


1. Do not amend the state income tax return for 2008. You will be doing nothing but screwing you client.

2. Include the state income tax refund received in 2009 on Line 10 of Form 1040.

3. Exclude the refund from AGI and MAGI when calculating any deductions, exemptions, exclusions, EOLIBILITIES, or credits that are subject to AGI and MAGI phase-outs or phase-downs.

4. Include an 8275 or 8275-R which ever you believe is correct with the return.

You might want to look at my post of 3/18/10 that made reference to the Kohler case. IRS was unreasonable in the view of the Court and was totally smacked down.


WD Kebschull 10:36, 18 March 2010 (CDT)

Personal tools