User talk:Brensan

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search
Leave a message for Brensan

This page is where you can leave a message for Brensan. Brensan will be notified of messages the next time they access TaxAlmanac.

Please make sure to sign your message by adding four tildes: ~~~~ at the end of your message.

If you are actually Brensan, this is your page. Feel free to edit your discussion page to add or remove anything you'd like.

Leave a message for Brensan by clicking here


Hello, and welcome to TaxAlmanac! My name is Tim Doyle and I serve here in the role of TaxAlmanac Moderator. If you haven't done so already, you might want to review our Quick Start Guide to help you get oriented.

As you begin to interact on TaxAlmanac, your changes will be linked to your personal user page. We encourage you to edit this page and add a short description about yourself. This will allow others to better understand your background and qualifications as they review any replies or information that you submit.

We also suggest that you introduce yourself to the other members of the TaxAlmanac community on the User Introduction Discussion Forum.

If you can think of anything we can do to make TaxAlmanac a more useful resource to you, please feel free to give us your feedback on the TaxAlmanac Feedback Discussion Forum.

I hope you enjoy being a member of the TaxAlmanac community! If you have any questions, see the help pages or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!

- Tim Doyle, TaxAlmanac Moderator 10:40, 9 February 2006 (CST)

F Reorg

Hi Brenda,

Reorganizing a corporation is really a job for an attorney -- you don't want to do this yourself unless you are practicing law. However, the client may be able to do it himself using forms that are available on the Secretary of State web sites in Delaware and the state he wants to be incorporated in.

From a tax standpoint it's a tax-free reorganization under IRC Sec. 368(a)(1)(F), what is colloquially known as an F reorganization: a mere change in the place of incorporation. Check the Sec. 368 regs for the statement you need to attach to the tax return in the year you do this. KatieJ 16:07, 6 March 2008 (CST)

Personal tools