Talk:Canadian Tax

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Canadian Tax

Has anyone filed for refund of Canadian tax NR7-R? User:Jlcpa

I haven't, but the form with instructions are online at the Canada Revenue Agency website:

Also from CRA:

Has your Canadian payer withheld too much non-resident tax?

If the provisions of a tax treaty were not considered, Canadian payers may have withheld non-resident tax from tax-exempt income, or they may have withheld more tax than was necessary. If this was your situation, you can ask us for a refund of the excess tax withheld by completing Form NR7-R, Application for Refund of Non-Resident Tax Withheld.

We can only refund excess non-resident tax withheld if you complete and send us Form NR7-R no later than two years after the end of the calendar year in which the payer sent us the tax. For example, if the payer sent us more than the required amount of tax in 2004, you have to send us Form NR7-R by December

31, 2006.
Personal tools