Savings Bonds (2004 IRS FAQ)

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

IRS FAQ 4.11 Interest/Dividends/Other Types of Income: Savings Bonds

I cashed some Series E, Series EE and Series I savings bonds, how do I report the interest?

If your total taxable interest for the year is more than $1500, you report (and separately identify) the interest on Schedule B of Form 1040 or Schedule 1 of Form 1040A. If your total interest is not more than $1500 for the year, report the savings bond interest with your other interest on the "Interest" line of your tax return. If you do not report the increase in the redemption value of the bonds as interest each year, you must report all of the interest in the year they are cashed or otherwise disposed of.



Personal tools