Notices & Letters (2004 IRS FAQ)

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

IRS FAQ 1.11 IRS Procedures: Notices & Letters

I received a letter from the IRS indicating that due to my misprint of my daughter's social security number, the exemption was rejected. Can I make the correction and still receive the exemption?

You are entitled to the exemption if your child qualifies as your dependent. To correct the return, you must provide the correct social security number information for your daughter. You can return it with a copy of the IRS letter in the envelope provided or contact the phone number listed in the upper right-hand corner of the letter for assistance.


Personal tools