General Procedural Questions (2004 IRS FAQ)

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

IRS FAQ 1.1 IRS Procedures: General Procedural Questions

What are the new changes for 2004?

Refer to Highlights of Tax Changes, Highlights of 2004 Tax Changes , for a brief overview of the tax law changes that are effective in 2004. Some items will be discussed in more detail in separate topics. Remember, this information is effective for your current 2004 return. For more detailed information, refer to Publication 553, Highlights of 2004 Tax Changes .


Will IRS figure the amount of tax and credits for taxpayers?

If you choose, the IRS will figure your tax on Form 1040EZ (PDF), Form 1040A (PDF), or Form 1040 (PDF). Refer to Tax and Credits Figured by the IRS, Tax and Credits Figured by IRS, for more information.


I'm concerned because my check payment to the IRS has not been cashed yet. What should I do?

You can call (800) 829-1040 and ask an IRS representative if the payment has been credited to your account. If it has not and the check has not cleared your financial institution, you may choose to place a stop-payment on the original check and send another payment.


Personal tools