Discussion:Tax Secretaries

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Basic Tax Questions --> Tax Secretaries

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> Tax Secretaries

Ztom (talk|edits) said:

24 February 2011
When secretaries(no ptin) answer tax preparers phone, are they allowed to answer tax questions? Also can they change names address etc on the compter without having ptin or licensed? Cam they change deductions etc? My partner seems and I disagree on what she can and cannot do. Help

Fr. Mackelhenry (talk|edits) said:

24 February 2011
At the parish, my secretary takes care of me and I take care of the clients.

QUOTE: "My partner seems and I disagree on what she can and cannot do."

Ztom, all disputes can be settled by THE BIBLE:

"Now as they went on their way, he entered a certain village, where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to what he was saying. But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to him and asked, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me." But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her" (Luke 10:38-42).

Sounds like your partner may be getting the "better part" of this secretary. Does his wife know about this?

Kevinh5 (talk|edits) said:

24 February 2011
The answer is that if they are completing substantially all of the taxpayer's return, they must have a PTIN. Correcting a misspelled name or an incorrect address would be fine.

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools