Discussion:Singapore taxes

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> Singapore taxes

Sheldon (talk|edits) said:

28 November 2005
A taxpayer that once worked in Singapore and thought his employer withheld and paid all taxes has been contacted by Singapore authorities. He is attempting to get more information and proof. They are now trying to collect more than he even received in net pay that year.

1) Does anyone have suggestions on how to deal with this situation? 2) What enforcement actions can a foreign government take, if you have no plans to go back to that country? 3) How would you verify that it is appropriate and not some sort of scam?

Jamshed (talk|edits) said:

28 November 2005
i suggest getting in touch with an accountant in singapore
Action to be taken by the foreign government would depend on Treaty issues and information sharing between the two countries.

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools