Discussion:Obtain Copy of 1099 forms issued

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> Obtain Copy of 1099 forms issued

Paulgaz (talk|edits) said:

30 January 2007
I have a client who needs a copy of the 1099 forms they issued in prior years. Do I request the forms on 4506?

If so, do I need to request form 1096 also?

Michaelstar (talk|edits) said:

30 January 2007
No - you use form 4506-T. Here is the link to the form and instructions:


Silly they did not keep copies of this. If prepared by someone else, call them for copies. Good luck.

Jossiecpa (talk|edits) said:

25 June 2013
Sorry - I know this is old, but quick question - I'm needing transcripts of all the W-2s issued by my client for 2010. The IRS agent I just spoke with said to send in Form 4506-T. In looking at the form, do I check box 8, Form W-2, 1099 . . . series? I always thought that was for individual taxpayers to get transcripts of what was issued to them, but didn't realize a company could get transcripts of what they issued. Just want to make sure I'm filling this out right. Thanks!

Sjrcpa (talk|edits) said:

27 June 2013
Try Social Security Administration for copies of W-2s issued by your client.

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools