Discussion:Common Pay Agent classification

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Accounting Questions --> Common Pay Agent classification

Jossiecpa (talk|edits) said:

26 July 2013
I'm preparing financial statements for a new client, who has a common pay agent arrangement with the provider of their workers compensation insurance. They used to have a leased employee arrangement with their former w/c insurance provider, but when they switched last year, the arrangement is now common pay agent. I'm trying to research the correct way to report the payroll expenses on the profit & loss statement. Do they get recorded as wages (in the past they were recorded as "employee leasing expense")? Anyone have experience with this that can tell me the proper way to report this?

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools