Discussion:Canadian NR has business in US

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Basic Tax Questions --> Canadian NR has business in US

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> Canadian NR has business in US

Nshnider (talk|edits) said:

13 June 2014
I have a client who has visa to have business in US but is a Canadian NR with real estate investments in canada. He also has a large amount of stocks in an investment account managed by RBC from a FL branch. I assume he has to file a Canadian NR tax return and report the real estate but how about the investments?? I know that I have to file a 1040 for him and report all his income and then he gets credit for taxes paid in Canada. My question is does Canada tax him on his investments?


To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools