1099-INT Interest Income (2004 IRS FAQ)

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

IRS FAQ 4.2 Interest/Dividends/Other Types of Income: 1099-INT Interest Income

How do I report interest received on an installment sale?

If you receive interest on an installment sale, report the entire amount on line 8a of Form 1040 (PDF) or Form 1040A (PDF), or line 2 of Form 1040EZ (PDF). If your taxable interest income is more than $1,500, be sure to show that income on Schedule B of Form 1040, or on Schedule 1 of Form 1040A. You cannot file Form 1040EZ if your interest income is more than $1,500. Refer to Interest Received, Interest Received, for additional information on interest income Form 1040, Schedule B (PDF). For additional information on installment sales, refer to Installment Sales, or Publication 537, Installment Sales.


Source: IRS.gov

Personal tools